Friday, November 4, 2011

PotD: Pig on a Swing

Pig On A Swing
Shot Info:  Canon 7D, 1/6400, f2.8, ISO 200, 50mm 
Nov 6, 2010

Another shot with the 50mm, it really is the best bang for you buck in any lens I'd say.  

I think this shot has gotten more attention than any other shot I've taken, it was during last years pecan festival here is Florence, SC -- that's our biggest festival, we close off our entire downtown area for it.

One of the big sponsors of the event is Piggly Wiggly so that I caught this image made it perfect for symbolizing it.

I won an award for the best event picture of 2010; they used it for all the advertising this year - lots of billboards and fliers and websites.  I think it's pretty cool to see an image I shot everywhere. 

This year I'm the "official" (paid) photographer for the event.  Hopefully this won't take to much of the fun out of it; I think it may give me more purpose and a schedule; normally I just wander and shoot.

It's going to be a BUSY day, starting bright and early with run like a nut! 

Hope to see everyone out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment