Monday, October 31, 2011

PotD: First Love

Shot with my 1st SLR: a Canon XTi using the kit lens many years ago; this shot will always have a special place in my heart as one of the first photos that I was 100% happy with. I was in my parents backyard probably more a creation of chance than a actual plan; i was still learning how the camera worked; they had a ton of butterflies and i was determined to play with settings until i could catch one that I liked. They are really fantastic subjects, so much color and they are much easier to catch than a hummingbird. One of the best places in the area to get them is Brookgreen Gardens at the beach; they have a butterfly garden just for that purpose and a zillion flowers in general. Since This shot i've upgraded to a Canon 7D and purchased a 100mm macro lens, but even with the better gear I've yet to take one that i love more than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment